Are you thinking of remodeling your kitchen and having that dream kitchen that you always wanted? Well for starters; this is no easy walk-in-the-park job as this is the area in your home that reflects your lifestyle.
This has become the most popular job when it comes to home renovations. Remodeling your kitchen is a costly job, so you need to make sure that you keep checking on the cost as this can go higher than you had expected.
As you may know, the kitchen adds up to 80% or more value to your home and become the showpiece. So in order to have that look, you have to make up in your mind that you have to spend some money.
If you are a handy person or you know of someone, then this can work to your advantage as this can help cut down on some of the expenditure. Because kitchens can add some much value to your home, there are lending institutions that are willing to offer 100% finance.
In this way, you have the opportunity where you can make payment arrangements. Before you make your first move, have a plan. This should tell you the size of the room and how you would like to have the room setup.
The type of kitchen style you choose depends a lot on your lifestyle and the amount of money you have to invest in the project. So before you begin, always make sure you have a plan in place. The most popular method used is triangular.
This refers to the stove, sink and fridge as this should be easily accessible by the cook as they will be the center of your activity. In this modern era, persons are choosing to use lots of energy saving devices in their kitchen and throughout their home wherever possible.
The most important part will be the floor plan as this gives you the guidelines you need when making your changes, but there are a few things that you need to consider.
1. You need to look at the space that you already have and decide if you need to add more. Some people just may add an island to make the work area a little bigger while others need more space.
2. A decision has to be made about the appliances. Are you going to just reuse what you have or are you going to be adding extras? You should be mindful of this as this will help you to decide on how much space you will need.
If you have too many appliances in a small area, then the rooms become too cluttered.
3. Consider your lifestyle and the persons who will be visiting your home on a regular basis. Some persons prefer a larger kitchen when preparing meals; while others prefer to have a larger dining room where and sit and talk while others are tiding up the kitchen.
There are three most popular shaped kitchen area layouts. These are:-
1. L-Shape – This shape has the refrigerator and sink placed against the same wall while the stove will be on the adjacent wall.
2. U-Shape – This shape has the refrigerator, stove and sinks on different walls.
3. One-Wall – This style is used for persons who have a small amount of space. This is where the stove and refrigerator are placed against the same wall while the sink is on the opposite wall.
4. Open Plan – This style is where there are no separations between the dining room and the kitchen area.
So when remodeling your kitchen, make sure that the sink is not visible to your guests in the family area.